Web frameworks are very crucial to web app development. No doubt, web technologies are growing day by day due to the innovations. You need to be very attentive and serious about selecting the right development framework. Selection of framework is interdependent to the development trend. At the same time, you have to keep the two main aspects of development in mind for example, the present and the future.
When I say present, that means your business IT department whether it is a website, app or server, must be updated as per the latest technology trend. When I say the future, that means you need to keep the future innovation in mind keep developing while adopting the latest tech trend.
In Web App Development, the decision to choose the framework should be taken after considering the following factors.
- Visual Look of Website
- Database Mapping
- Database Configuration
- Web APIs, etc.
So, having gone through the following points, you may look for some frameworks with detailed analysis. You will find these frameworks helpful in deciding the framework for web app development.
What is good in Angular?
- Model View Controller (MVC) Architectures
- Create User-Interface with HTML
- Two-way data binding
- Directives to assign peculiar behavior to DOM
- Dependency Injection to make the test easier
- Large Community to get your to issue solved easily
- Less code to write
What is bad in Angular?
- Migration from AngularJS to Angular’s upper version requires time
- Time-consuming as most of the time spent on doing repetitive things
- Need to learn Angular and its steep learning
- The router comes with limitations
- For developers, using directives can initially difficult
- Debugging code cannot be so easy
When to Use AngularJS?
- When you want to create a faster loading page
- When you want to build Single Page Application
- When You want to develop social interaction sites
- If you’re going to create an SEO friendly site
What is good in ReactJS?
- Declarative approach to programming
- Virtual DOM programming concept
- Native Modules enhance Performance
- Component-Based approach
- Prompt rendering
- Server-side rendering
- Regular updates
- Large community to help when stuck
What is bad in ReactJS?
- Learning curve, in-depth knowledge of integration
- No Isomorphic approach
- JSX is complex
- Difficult manuals
- No easy for newcomers
- Library size is large
When to use ReactJS
- When you have projects involving the following things;
- Many components with changing states
- Active/inactive navigation items
- Web apps require dynamic inputs
- When performance is the priority
Ruby on Rails
Built with Ruby programming language, Rails is the most popular open source server-side web application framework. The Ruby on Rails framework is popular as it has a collection of code, tools & utilities which make coding more organized for developers. The correct use of Rails can save a lot of time and work. It offers integrated solutions to developers and provides everything that requires to make a dynamic web application. Having a vast ecosystem, it contains all tools and supports to developers. However, knowing its pros and cons will help to choose the framework with more confidence.
What is good in Ruby on Rails?
- MVC architecture to connect interconnected parts
- Plenty of Database access libraries
- Library to simplify common programming task
- AJAX library provides set of web development technique
- Customized URL
- Easy Debugging
- Reusable Components
- Large and active community
- Abundance in tools and libraries
What is bad in Ruby on Rails?
- Less flexible
- Still evolving
- Performance affected due longer boot time
- Developers need to work with zero mistake policy
- A minor error or wrong judgment can mesh up your entire work
- Lack of proper documentation
When to use Ruby on Rails
- When you want a faster application
- When you want to save money
- When you want to avoid the problem
- Smooth maintenance
- Easy updates integrating latest functionality
Django is the most used and popular framework in the tech arena. The framework is used by most of the top industries that include NASA, Disqus, Mozilla, and many others. The framework is written in Python language. It has plenty of benefits using for your projects. However, pluggability of components and reusability are the two main emphasizes of Django. To help you be more comprehensive and confident about the framework, we have written most talked pros and cons.
What is good in Django?
- Django is easy to learn
- Versatile framework
- Write code faster
- No glaring holes in its design
- Plenty of Extras to give the complete finish
- Provides intact security
- Scalability is the core feature
- Python makes it more reliable in the long run
- Simpler syntax to help developers with easy code
What is bad in Django?
- Routing pattern specifies URL
- Django follows the monolithic architecture
- Django ORM makes things complex
- Complete knowledge of the system is necessary to work
When to use Django
- Django is useful for startup
- Creates scalable application
- When you want to develop web app or API backend
It’s a front-end development framework which is designed to create a dynamic Single Page Application (SPA) and User Interface (UI). It’s an open source framework which is easy and helpful in enhancing legacy applications. It has a range of optional tools to build an effective user interface. But, before you choose the framework for your project, you need to understand both the pros and cons.
What is good in Vue.js?
- Very small in size
- Easy to learn
- Easy to develop an application
- Easy to integrate features and functionalities
- Gives developer flexibility to code
- Vue natively supports Typescripts
What is bad in Vue?
- Small community
- Most of code written in Chinese
- Over flexibility creates issues when working with bigger project
When to use Vue.js
- When you want to develop a fast application
- When you want to build a small size application
- When you want to create an optimized application
- When you want to develop a Single Page Application
ASP.NET or .Net is the web development platform which enables developers to create the best desktop and mobile applications. It uses .net as its core framework to develop powerful applications. It’s an open-source server-side web application developed and designed by Microsoft. However, the choice may differ from one client to another and one project to another. So, first, understand its pros and cons and then take the decision accordingly.
What is good in ASP.NET?
- Less coding for larger apps
- Creates a safe & secure environment
- Helps in maintaining and writing source code
- Easy deployment and maintenance
- Quickly detects and destroy infinite loops
- Plenty of rich features
What is bad in ASP.NET?
- Customization is tough
- Coding is tough for customization
- ASP.NET is not cheap, you need spend handsome bucks on VS IDE
- Data access is limited for Silver light
- Initially lack support and documentation
When to Use ASP.NET
- When you want to develop high-performance apps
- When you to develop a lightweight application
- When you want easy to testing application
One of the best PHP web frameworks, Laravel is having expressive and elegant syntax that eases out everyday tasks such as authentication, routing, sessions, and caching. The concept of the framework is to pleasing and entertaining the development process. However, taking a final call on the right choice of the framework should be decided after considering requirements of projects and the environment.
What is good in Laravel?
- Laravel is easy to use
- Best for industry and business website
- It uses a blade template engine
- Reuse of code
What is bad in Laravel?
- The problem when used for deployments on shared hosting
- Raises database queries, affects performance
- Not good for an eCommerce site
- Does not have proper functionality
When to use Laravel
- When you want to create a web application
- When you want easy to use syntax
- When you want a robust web application
Express is a fast, minimal and flexible framework for Node.js. Having a robust set of features, Express provide solutions for web and mobile applications. You have plenty of benefits of using Express. However take a look at its pros and cons, before you make your choice.
What is good in Express?
- Express uses an HTTP utility method
- Quickly creates robust API
- Effective features enhance performance
- Many frameworks based Express
What is bad in Express?
- The code structure is tough
- Lacking Node.js libraries
- Lacking ExpressJS middleware
When to use ExpressJS
- When you want to create a single page application
- When you want to develop a multipage application
- When you want to create a hybrid web application
Spring is the most used and robust application development framework. It is used to develop a lightweight application and using IoC (Inversion of Control), loose coupling is achieved. Besides, it’s MVC (Model-View-Controller) framework which using clusters of design develop resilient JVM based systems and applications. The framework also has pros and cons which you need to look into.
What is good in Spring?
- Spring uses POJO
- POJO is class that requires not subclass
- Developers get the flexibility to configure
- Spring requires no web or app server
- Use of AOP brings several benefits
- Easy testing/ dependency injection
What is bad in Spring?
- Spring is complex
- It has more than 2400 classes & 49 tools
- Tons of parallel mechanism creates confusion
- No clear guidelines for various topics
When to use Spring
- When you want to create Java application
- Develop high performance and reusable code
What is good in Meteor?
- Meteor is fast to develop
- Develop front-end, back-end in just one language
- Extremely easy to learn
- Good choice to develop a real-time application
- Saves time on development with smart packages
What is bad in Meteor.js?
- Too much hype
- Less coding and development time requires lots of other resources
- No MySQL support
- Less structure and conventions
- Lack in scalability
When to use Meteor
- When you want to build a prototype application
- When you want flexible and easy to use the framework
- When you want to use one language in the application
Selecting the right Web App Development Frameworks depends on various things. For example, where and for what purpose you want to develop the web application and many more? Think over the following points.
- The need for Web Application for your business
- How will it help the consumer?
- What benefits will you get?
- Have competitors adopted web applications?
Now, you’ll have a clear understanding of why you need Web Application. And, when it comes to select the web framework, you need to know;
- Your customer base
- If you want to develop a responsive web app
- Which framework will suit the desired website?
Go through the article before you choose the framework for your projects. You can also let us know your views on to the web framework. We’d appreciate your time.
Looking for Interactive
Web App Development Services