Key Dot NET Cost Insights to Know💡
- .NET is an open-source, free-to-use framework. There is no .NET licensing cost for using the platform.
- The primary cost consideration of .NET development is the Cost to Hire .NET Developers who would develop the project for you.
- The cost to hire .NET developers for basic .NET projects can range from $2000-$4500.
- The cost to hire .NET developers for complex .NET projects such as eCommerce sites can range up to $12,000 – $250,000.
- The Cost to build and deploy .NET mobile apps would include a subscription fee to Google Play Store ($25 one-time) and Apple App Store ($99/year).
- Maintenance and update charges would vary per your choice of .NET developers or the .NET development company you outsource your project.
.NET Framework is a versatile open-source framework for building software solutions ranging from web applications, mobile applications, IoT systems, game development, and enterprise system solutions. It is popularly used by top companies such as Microsoft, Accenture, Stack Overflow, Trustpilot, Agoda, and Starbucks.
You can make use of .NET for your next project as well. It is a viable, reliable, and free-to-use platform, meaning the Cost of developing .NET projects would only be impacted by developer costs and other variables. A rough estimation for .NET project costs can range from $2000 – $250,000; however, the price may be lower or higher depending on your project needs.
Factors affecting .NET Development Cost in 2023
Various factors could impact the overall Cost of .NET development for your project needs. Where you get your .NET project developed from, who the developers working on your project, what kind of experience they have, and what the scope and complexity of your project are a few of the essential considerations to keep in mind to evaluate your .NET project development costs.
To get a better understanding of the Cost of developing a .NET application, let’s look at these factors that can impact your .NET development budget –
1. Scope and Complexity of your .NET Project
|Scope of Project||Project Complexity||Estimated .NET Project Cost|
|Small Sized Project||Low||$5000 – $20,000|
|Medium Sized Project||Low to Moderate||$20,000 – $75,000|
|Large Sized Project||Moderate to High||$75,000 – 250,000|
|Enterprise Sized Project||Very High||Contact our sales team (hyperlink sales mail id)|
- Small Scope Project: If you want to build a simple web application for a business with essential features like a homepage, contact form, and product services or listings, the Cost of such .NET projects would be significantly lower since there are no complex integrations involved and the user interface would be pretty straightforward too. Hence, you can expect the .NET development project to range from $5000 to $20,000 for such a project.
- Medium Scope Project: If you are looking to build a small e-commerce storefront with features like product cataloging, shopping cart, user accounts, and payment processing, these features are more complex to integrate and require higher skills, as well as more coding hours. Your user interface is also more complex and needs to be visually appealing. Hence, for medium-scope projects like this, you can expect the .Net development cost to come around $20,000 – $75,000.
- Large Scope Project: Moving on to custom software solutions like setting up a CRM system for a mid-sized business would require features like lead management, contact management, sales tracking, reporting, and analytics. These are all advanced functionalities requiring dedicated person-hours and superior talent who can integrate popular CRM solutions with your existing systems. Here, you can expect the .NET project cost to range from $75,000 to $250,000.
- Enterprise Scale Project: Developing an Enterprise Mobility Solution for a larger corporation with extensive modules for Finance, HR, and Supply Chain requires .NET developers to create a highly scalable solution with a feature-rich user interface. Providing a ballpark for such projects isn’t practical, if you want to get a proper estimate, you can submit your PRD to [email protected].
2. .NET Developer Experience Level
Whether you outsource your project to a top .NET development company or hire .NET developers via freelancing platforms, in-house hiring, or remote hiring companies, the experience level of your .NET developers can significantly impact the overall Cost of your .NET development project.
In straightforward terms, the more inexperienced the .NET developer, the cheaper their hourly rates and expected salary range would be. With more experience, the cost to avail of their services will only increase. However, it is more complex than this. The actual cost consideration when deciding between entry-level vs experienced .NET developers should also account for their skill levels, ability to complete the given task successfully, time taken to complete the job, and the possibility of risks of them doing it wrong.
Hence, the task you allocate to the entry-level developer should be basic, not very technically demanding or complex. You can mix and match entry-level .NET developers with some experienced .NET developers to create your ideal dedicated development team that can provide the best value for your money.
Average Cost to Hire .NET Developer as per Development Experience
|.NET Developer Experience Level||Hourly Rates of .NET Developers at Aglowid||Annual Salary of In-house .NET Developer in the USA|
|Hourly Rates (Daily)||Hourly Rates (Annual)||Base Salary||Overhead||Total|
|Entry-Level .NET Developer||$15- $35||$28,800 – $67,200||$60,000 – $75,000||$10,000 – $20,000||$70,000 – $95,000|
|Mid-Level .NET Developer||$35 – $50||$67,200 – $96,000||$75,000 – $90,000||$20,000 – $30,000||$95,000 – $120,000|
|Senior .NET Developer||$50 – $65||$96,000 – $124,800||$90,000 – $105,000||$30,000 – $50,000||$120,000 -$155,000|
As you can see, hiring in-house .NET developers in the USA can be significantly costlier. Moreover, these costs are non-deferable as base salaries are fixed and must be incremented yearly. Whereas the hourly developer rates of .NET Developers of one of the leading offshore .NET development agencies in India – Aglowid, are significantly lower and allow you the flexibility of pay-as-you-go and no long-term lock-ins. Hence, you pay for only what you use. This is due to the cheaper labor costs in offshore development locations such as India, Ukraine, etc. Let’s discuss how the proximity and geographical position of the .NET development company affects the Cost of the .NET project in better detail.
3. .NET Developer Location
The geographical location of the .NET developer you’re hiring can significantly impact the Cost of your .NET project. Onshore locations like the USA and the UK have higher minimum wages, resulting in higher .NET developer hourly rates and annual salaries. Comparatively, nearshore places like Brazil, Mexico, and Canada will be cheaper, and offshore locations like India, Ukraine, and others will be the most cost-effective.
.NET Developer Cost Breakdown as per Location
Here is an estimated .NET developer cost comparison as per developer location for your reference –
|.NET Developer Location||Location Proximity||Average Annual Cost to Hire .NET Developer|
|USA||Onshore||$70,000 – $150,000|
|UK||Onshore||$50,000 – $110,000|
|Brazil||Nearshore||$20,000 – $80,000|
|Mexico||Nearshore||$20,000 – $90,000|
|Canada||Nearshore||$40,000 – $90,000|
|India||Offshore||$10,000 – $100,000|
|Ukraine||Offshore||$15,000 – $120,000|
4. .NET Development Company Location
Alternatively, if you are outsourcing the entire .NET development project to a leading .NET Development Company, the overall project estimates will again be deeply impacted by the company’s location. According to their minimum wages and other considerations, different countries pay different salaries to their .NET developers and price their services accordingly. Here is a quick rundown of the prices in the most popular .NET development locations –
- Cost of outsourcing to .NET development company in the USA – $20,000 – $100,000
- Cost of outsourcing to .NET development company in the UK – $15,000 – $80,000
- Cost of outsourcing to .NET development company in Canada – $10,000 – $30,000
- Cost of outsourcing to .NET development company in Mexico – $5000 – $15,000
- Cost of outsourcing to .NET development company in India – $3000 – $45,000
5. .NET Project Type
.NET is a flexible development framework that can be used for developing IoT solutions, mobile apps, web applications, E-Commerce solutions, CRM solutions, and many other intelligent software solutions. Hence, your project’s overall .NET development cost would depend on the type of services you need.
.NET Cost Breakdown as per Project Type
|Type of .NET Project||Avg. .NET Project Cost|
|Small Website||$10,000 – $50,000+|
|Medium Sized Website||$50,000 – $200,000+|
|Enterprise Web Application||$200,000+|
|Simple Desktop Application||$20,000 – $50,000+|
|Medium Complexity Desktop Application||$50,000 – $150,000+|
|Complex Enterprise Desktop Application||$150,000+|
|Mobile Applications (Xamarin/.NET MAUI)|
|Basic Mobile App (iOS or Android)||$20,000 – $50,000+|
|Cross-Platform Mobile App (iOS and Android)||$50,000 – $150,000+|
|Complex Mobile App (with advanced and native features)||$150,000+|
|Small to Medium-sized Enterprise Solution||$50,000 – $200,000+|
|Large Enterprise Application with Integrations||$200,000 – $1,000,000+|
|Highly Customized and Complex Enterprise System||$1,00,0000+|
|Basic .NET Game Development||$10,000 – $40,000|
|Moderate .NET Game Development||$40,000 – $150,000|
|High .NET Game Development||$s150,000 – $1,00,000|
|Small E-commerce Website||$10,000 – $50,000|
|Medium-sized E-commerce Platform||$50,000 – $200,000|
|Large E-commerce Platform with Advanced Features||$200,000+|
Final Overview on Cost of .NET Development
This is the ultimate guide to evaluating .NET development cost. Whether you are looking to outsource your .NET project or Hire .NET Developers to work on your project, these are the key considerations to remember. Although these costs are going to vary heavily depending on your project requirements, here are some ways to reduce .NET development costs that might help you minimize your overall .NET development budget –
Tips to Reduce .NET Development Costs
In today’s competitive business landscape, optimizing your software development expenses is paramount. For organizations utilizing .NET for their projects, cost reduction while maintaining quality is a key goal. Let’s look at some of the tips to reduce your .NET development cost –
- Clearly define your project requirements efficiently in your PRD – Project Requirement Document.
- Carefully evaluate any third-party .Net Core Libraries and see if building that feature from scratch is better.
- Consider staging complex projects in multiple phases or versions.
- Hire Remote Developers from a trusted offshore .NET development agency.
- Start with a smaller pilot if the full scope still needs clarification.
- Take advantage of cloud hosting services like AWS Cloud, GCP & Microsoft Azure.