When it comes to hiring a mobile developer the cost to hire an app developer, as well as the budget for your project, are certainly the most fundamental considerations. It also depends on whether you want to develop your program from the ground up or add a new integration, whether you want to use native or cross-platform solutions. Finally, you’ll require a mobile app developer with the right abilities for your project. So let’s look at the aspects that influence the hiring of app developer’s cost.
With the rise of smartphones, it appears that every business is going into the internet sphere in this digital era, with mobile devices accounting for more than 50% of overall traffic. Even small businesses such as coffee shops and corner stores have loyalty programs and discounts applications.
In 2021, Statista estimated that $ 230 billion apps are downloaded.
In today’s technologically advanced world, we spend 50% of our time on our cell phones. Businesses throughout the world provide a wide variety of goods and services. Businesses have discovered the value of mobile applications in their operations. A well-designed mobile application can give a firm the unique ability to stay with its customers.
When you decide to invest in a mobile application, the following are some of the most critical questions that may arise:
- How the software developer price is composed?
- How much does it cost to hire an app developer?
- Types of mobile app developer you can hire
- Things to keep in mind while hiring mobile app developer
- How to hire the top mobile development company?
- Mistakes to avoid while hiring developer
- How to determine the overall cost for hiring an app developer?
Let’s dig deeper into these questions respectively.
How is the software developer price composed?
You must recognize that the pricing must be seen in the context of the developer’s labor. There are two parts to the cost of software development:
Per Feature * Developer’s hourly rate * total development time = application cost.
The second variable here alters the perception of price. Because a developer who appears to be more expensive at first glance may spend less time developing an app. As a result, his overall cost will be lower, as will the quality of his code.
For example, if the developer’s hourly rate is $50 and works for 180 hours, the total cost will be $9000. However, if the cost is $60 per hour and you work for 140 hours, the total cost will be $8400.
To summarize, Higher development costs may not usually imply a higher charge per hour.
How much does it cost to hire an app developer?
Whether you want to start from scratch or improve an existing program, you’ll require a qualified developer to accomplish your project flawlessly. The following are some elements that influence the cost of hiring an app developer.
Choose a Mobile platform: Native, Cross-Platform, and Hybrid.
This element can impact the cost of hiring an app developer for a variety of reasons.
If you’re trying to make an app for a native platform, you’ll first need to employ a developer who can design the codebase. However, it is essential to remember that developing Android and iOS will require additional development time and will raise the cost of mobile app development.
Also Check – Native Vs Hybrid Vs Cross-Platform App Development
If you’re looking for business apps that can run on numerous platforms, hybrid or cross-platform apps are worth considering. A single codebase that can operate on various platforms will be less expensive and time-consuming than native programs.
The development of a mobile app can take anywhere from three to five months, depending on the project’s complexity, idea, design, integrations, features, and functionality. The development phases, technologies, and methodologies employed, as well as the time it will take to complete the project, may all be determined by determining your mobile app needs.
Let’s look at the different types of applications and how much they cost.
|Type of Application||Features Included||Average Price Range|
|Simple Application||Feasible Features||$24,830 – $59,150|
|Complex Application||Popular Consumer Features||$36,107 – $85,150|
|Advanced Application||State-of-Art Features||$59,507 – $137,150|
Location of app developer
Their location primarily determines the cost of hiring app developers. To Hire Developers in the United States, for example, could cost ten times as much as one hired in India. Due to the lack of uniformity worldwide, the price range is so vast. A unified economic pricing policy governs neighboring countries.
Software development takes place in 12 key places throughout the world. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Eastern Asia, and Oceania are the continents of North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Eastern Asia, and Oceania.
Let’s take a closer look at the cost of hiring an app developer in each of these areas. Let’s take a look at North America first.
|Region||Cost(without additional cost)|
|Western & Northern Europe||$25-$60/hour|
|South, North & Central Europe||$30-$60/hour|
Cost to hire app developers in North America.
Key region: USA, Canada.
- Hiring app developers costs between $40 and $70 (without any other fees) in the United States. $47/hour on average.
- The cost to hire mobile app developers in Canada (without any additional charges) ranges from C$30 to C$58. Average rate – C$40/hour.
As can be seen, developers in the United States are the most costly in the area. At the same time, rates in Canada are slightly lower but still high due to the country’s sophisticated economy and relations with the United States.
Cost to hire app developers in Latin America.
Key regions: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico.
- Hiring app developers costs between $30 – $45/hour in Brazil. The average cost to hire an app developer is $33 /hour.
- The cost to hire app developers in Argentina ranges from $25 to $50/hour. Average rate – $30/hour.
- The cost to hire app developers in Colombia ranges from $30 to $50/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- Hire app developer’s cost in Mexico ranges from $20 to $40/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
Looking for Android App Developers to develop cutting edge native app?
Hire Professional Android App Developers from Aglowid to develop highly scalable and performance-oriented mobile app project.
Cost to hire app developers in Western Europe
Key regions: UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland.
- Hiring a mobile app developer costs between $28 – $60/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $40/hour.
- The cost to hire a mobile app developer in France varies between $30-$60/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- The cost to hire app developers in the Netherlands ranges from $26 to $50/hour. Average rate – $40/hour.
- Hire app developer’s cost in Germany ranges from $30 to $55/hour. Average rate – $45/hour.
- The cost to hire app developers in Switzerland ranges from $40 to $60/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- Hire app developer’s cost in Ireland ranges from $30 to $60/hour. Average rate – $40/hour.
As you can see that the average cost of hiring mobile app developers in western Europe is relatively high. Switzerland stands out a bit because the cost of living is higher than in Western Europe.
Cost to hire app developer’s in North Europe.
Key Regions: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland.
- The cost to hire an app developer in Norway ranges between $35-$60/hour. Average rate – $45/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in Sweden varies from $30-$55/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- Hire app developer cost in Finland ranges from $30-$60/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $45/hour.
- The cost of hiring a mobile app developer in Denmark sets between $40 -$60/hour. Average rate – $50/hour.
- The cost to hire an app developer in Iceland ranges between $30 – $50/hour. Average rate 45/hour
Cost to hire app developer’s in South Europe
Key regions: Spain, Portugal, Italy.
- The cost to hire an app developer in Spain ranges between $30-$50/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in Portugal varies from $35-$48/hour. Average rate – $30/hour.
- Hire app developer cost in Italy ranges from $35-$60/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $40/hour.
The cost of hiring app developers in southern Europe is significant but lower than in western & Northern European countries.
Cost to hire app developers in Central Europe
Key regions: Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Serbia.
- The cost to hire an app developer in Poland ranges between $25-$50/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in the Czech Republic varies from $30-$50/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- Hire app developer cost in Romania ranges from $40-$60/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $30/hour.
- The cost of hiring a mobile app developer in Hungary sets between $25 -$50/hour. Average rate – $30/hour.
- The cost to hire an app developer in Serbia ranges between $30 – $50/hour. Average rate $40/hour
Cost to hire app developers in Eastern Europe
Key Regions: Belarus, Ukraine, Russia
- The cost to hire an app developer in Belarus ranges between $30-$50/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in Ukraine varies from $35-$55/hour. Average rate – $45/hour.
- Hire app developer cost in Russia ranges from $30-$60/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $35/hour.
Cost to hire app developers in Africa
Key Regions: Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco.
- The cost to hire an app developer in Egypt ranges between $25-$40/hour. Average rate – $30/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in Tunisia varies from $20-$40/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- Hire app developer cost in Morocco ranges from $30-$60/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $40/hour.
The cost of hiring app developers in Africa is lower than in Europe.
Cost to hire app developers in the Middle East
Key Regions: Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE.
- The cost to hire an app developer in Saudi Arabia ranges between $20-$40/hour. Average rate – $35/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in Turkey varies from $20-$50/hour. Average rate – $40/hour.
- Hire app developer cost in UAE ranges from $26-$50/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $35/hour.
- The cost of hiring a mobile app developer in Israel sets between $30 -$70/hour. Average rate – $45/hour.
The cost of hiring app developers in Israel is much higher in this region. In the second place, there is UAE. At the same time, Turkey and Saudi Arabia are approximately equal.
Cost of hiring app developers in Southeast Asia.
Key Regions: India, Bangladesh, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore
- The cost to hire an app developer in India ranges between $8-$40/hour. Average rate – $20/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in Bangladesh varies from $15-$45/hour. Average rate – $25/hour.
- Hire app developer cost in the Philippines ranges from $20-$40/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $30/hour.
- The cost of hiring a mobile app developer in Vietnam sets between $10 -$30/hour. Average rate – $20/hour.
- The hiring cost of an app developer in Singapore ranges from $25 -$40. The average cost to hire an app developer is $30
The cost of hiring app developers in Southeast Asia is the lowest globally. However, Singapore being a more developed economy, stands out in them.
Planning to Hire iOS Developers to build reliable interactive iOS app project?
Hire iOS application developers form Aglowid for high-performing, performance-driven, industry-grade iOS applications.
Cost to Hire an app developer in Eastern Asia
Key Region: China, Japan, South Korea.
- The cost to hire an app developer in China ranges between $20-$45/hour. Average rate – $30/hour.
- The hiring cost for an app developer in Japan varies from $30-$60/hour. Average rate – $40/hour.
- Hire app developer costs in South Korea ranges from $18-$40/hour. The average cost to hire an app developer is $25/hour.
The cost to hire an app developer in Eastern Asia is higher than its southern neighbors.
Cost to Hire an app developer in Oceania
- The cost of hiring a mobile app developer varies from $35 to $70/hour. Average rate – $40/hour.
- Hire app developers in New Zealand ranges from $30 to $60/hour. Average rate – $45/hour.
The cost of hiring app developers in Australia and New Zealand is equal.
Experience & Profeciency
Hire a mobile app developer based on their previous work history. There are several technologies, frameworks, and programming languages to choose from when designing a mobile app. However, the success of any app is determined by how developers use strategies to modify the app’s look and feel. App developers undertake various tasks, and the cost of hiring them varies.
|Type of Mobile Developers||Description||Average Hourly Rates|
|Junior/Intermediate iOS Developers||Besides primary programming languages like Swift and the Xcode IDE, they are proficient in one or more frameworks and APIs.||$15-$30+|
|Junior/ Intermediate Android Developers||Intermediate Android developers usually have experience with a programming language such as Java, Kotlin, and Android Studio IDE. Bug tracking and the ability to handle the complexity of the app development are also excellent skills||$15-$25+|
|Junior/ Intermediate Flutter Developers||Trained to work on Dart Language & SDK that enables you to build beautiful design of the app.||$15- $25+|
Type of App development
When hiring a developer for a specific sort of application, the cost of hiring a developer can vary substantially. Consider the table below to determine the details of each app before deciding whether the prices are too expensive or low for specific app development. Because app development and testing can take a long time, choose your decision carefully.
|Type of Applications||Details||Hours (Native)||Hours (Cross-Platform)|
|Basic App||Templates, Drop Down menus, stored on a device with other essential features||100+||140+|
|Database App||Backed, stored on the server, integrated with the latest technology||150+||190+|
|Chat-Based App||Various data formats, chats & calls, stored in the cloud, end-to-end encryption||320+||450+|
|Business App||Business features stored on the device or server||240+||320+|
|Social Networking App||Themes, profile & photo editing, backend, signup, linking with other accounts, stored on the server||320+||400+|
App developer cost by level
To calculate the cost of hiring a developer based on their level. It is vital to determine the tasks they will complete, the quality of their work, and your level of control. This procedure will assist you in eliminating needless possibilities that initially appeared to be profitable.
|Knowledge||Theoretical knowledge (1 programming language)||Knowledge of 1 or more languages||Sound theoretical knowledge but lack of experience||Specialized knowledge & experience||Highest rank in technical career|
|Tasks performed||The simplest||Least complex with little product impact||Medium Complexity||Challenging Tasks, Manages the team and coordinates the workflow.||Design complex systems implemented by fellow members.|
|Experience||None||1-3 years||3-5 years||5-10 years||10+ years|
Cost To Hire An App Developer According To The Tech Stack
You have the option of choosing the technology on which you wish to build your app. Three elements influence the technology choice: scaling and performance, expected functionality, and market resources. These considerations will aid you in determining which technology to employ and how much does it cost to hire a developer to do so.
The cost to hire an app developer varies by country. The VAT rate varies per country, although often around 20%. The following are the top-paying technologies, according to the StackOverflow Developer Survey 2021:
What are the types of mobile app developers you can hire?
It’s a good idea to know what types of app developers are accessible before you choose one. And which one is the best fit for your specific needs? Let’s look at the various types of mobile app developers available.
mobile app developers available.
|Pros||➤ Personal Involvement
➤ Loyalty to the project
➤ Extensive Product Knowledge
➤ Easier Communication
➤ Easier to engage
➤ Works independently
➤ Fewer taxes & additional cost
|➤ No requirement required
➤ Extensive expertise
➤ No micro-management
➤ Low versatility
➤ Low adaptability
|➤ Reduced Transparency
➤ Support Maintainance is difficult
➤ Industry norm not applied
➤ Reliability Issues
|➤ Security Issues
➤ Communication Issues
➤ Quality Issues
➤ Time Zone Difference
|➤ Hourly Rate / Project Amount
➤ Infrastructure if required
|➤ Hourly Rate / Project Amount
➤ Infrastructure if required
|Taxes & Bonus||➤ Payroll tax
➤ Different types of insurance
➤ Pension contribution
|➤ Commission & Taxes laid as per government rules||➤ Taxes laid as per government rules|
|Degree of Control||➤ Full||➤ Least||➤ Partial|
|Project Risk||➤ Low||➤ High||➤ Medium|
|Availability||➤ Medium||➤ Low||➤ Highest|
|When to hire||➤ You want to control the work hours, tools, and methodologies used in the project.
➤ Long-Term Project
➤ Core Work
|➤ Professional doing work that doesn’t need much control
➤ Short-term Project
➤ Minor work of Business
|➤ Professional doing work that doesn’t need much control
➤ Need to scale responsibility
Checklist to hire a professional app developer
Now that we know the types of developers you can hire. Let’s look into the characteristics you should look for while hiring an app developer. The characteristics include the following:
- Task Security
- Availability of Resources and experts
- Quality Product
- Track of Issues
- Risk Management
- Guaranteed Results
- Project Timeline Management
How to hire the best mobile app development company?
When it comes to developing mobile applications, you should hire a developer. Hiring an offshore company in Southeast Asia, such as India, is an alternative worth exploring. Finding the ideal developer for your project, on the other hand, is a complex undertaking. Here are a few essential pointers to help you find the best Mobile App Development Firm.
- Know Your Project Requirments
- Check Developer’s Portfolio relevant experience.
- Decide Between Freelancer or Offshore Development Company
- Where to Find The Best App Developers
- Check Team Size
- History and Reviews of the Company
Aside from these suggestions, Investigate the company’s profile further to see what types of tasks it has completed in the past and the client’s feedback. You’ll better understand the company’s skills if you look at their previous work history. Examine the communication process as well during the development phase. For example, if there is a timezone difference, talk about team availability and communication channels.
Another critical consideration is the outstanding UI/UX design. You’ll win half the battle if your UI design can keep the user engaged for extended periods of time. So, when you hire an offshore development business, make sure they have experience building unique applications with excellent user interface designs.
Last but not least, inquire about payment methods. It’s a good idea to ask whether they’ll sign the NDA and any hidden costs in the payment upfront to avoid any surprises. You should also ensure that the software is bug-free and extensively tested before release.
How To Hire Mobile App Developers At Cost Effective Rates
Knowing how much an app developer charges per hour is beneficial to SMEs and medium-sized enterprises who want to make the most out of their limited budget. If that’s the case, just knowing rates is not enough. Following is the list of tips on how to hire a developer at an affordable cost.
1.Conduct a thorough market analysis to estimate the hourly fee for mobile app development.
When it comes time for an interview, you’ll need to know how your potential employee’s desired wage compares to the market’s average hourly rate. Knowing the developer’s hourly rate is also helpful in estimating the project’s preliminary budget.
2.Determine the best tech stack for calculating the hourly fee of a mobile app developer.
Because technical credentials have a significant impact on hiring costs, it’s best to settle on them right away. Then you’ll know how much a given tech stack costs and won’t overpay for abilities you don’t need. Additionally, choose the platform on which your application will run.
3.Consider offshoring to lower the cost of hiring a mobile app developer
Because the cost varies widely from country to country, offshoring is a wonderful choice for companies who wish to save money without sacrificing product quality. To begin with, you will be able to hire a more qualified developer. For starters, you’ll be able to hire a more experienced developer. You might be able to employ a coder for a longer time. Overall, this is a terrific offer.
4.Use staff augmentation services
Staff augmentation companies may be a viable alternative if you only require a developer for a short time to design an application. Yes, an hourly rate may be slightly higher, but the benefit is evident when sick leave, vacation money, and providing the essential equipment are taken into account. In addition, the average cost will be cheaper in the long run.
Mistakes to avoid while hiring an app developer
Frequently, mistakes are made that increase the cost of hiring an app developer. Some of these blunders will be highlighted in this section.
- Selecting Cheaper Options
- Focusing On Price
- Experience Focused
- Starting Without Project Evolution
- Not Reviewing Portfolio Thoroughly.
- Not Establishing Project Budget & Timeline
- Lack Of Long-Term Perspective
- Inefficient Communication
- Agreements & NDA’s
Also Read – How Much Does it Cost to Develop an Android App?
How to determine the overall cost to hire app developers?
There is no simple answer to this question. The cost of hiring an app developer depends on certain factors. In a nutshell, to understand which type of developer will suit your project’s need and how much does it cost to hire a mobile app developer, you must be clear about the following points.
- Project Duration
- Tasks Performed by developers
- Tech stack developers need to know
- Level of developer
- Geo-location of developer
A perfect combination of these points will help you find the right developer that will suit your unique project requirements.